At Cupertino Medical Laser Center, we proudly offer a broad range of state-of-the-art cosmetic treatments designed to rejuvenate and revitalize your skin. Among our top-requested treatments is the Radiesse Volumizing Treatment – a remarkable solution for those looking to restore lost volume and smooth out facial wrinkles and folds.
It’s dual action — immediate volumizing for visible wrinkle correction and long-term collagen stimulation for lasting results. It’s a favored choice for many looking for natural, yet noticeable, rejuvenation.
Rediscover Youthful Radiance with Radiesse Volumizing Treatment
Call to schedule an appointment today
What is Radiesse Volumizing?
Radiesse is a volumizing filler that works instantly to add volume, lifting and rejuvenating the skin in a matter of minutes. Not just any filler, Radiesse is unique because it stimulates your body’s natural collagen production, providing long-lasting results that improve over time.
Composed of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a water-based gel, Radiesse integrates seamlessly with your skin. Over time, the gel is absorbed, and the CaHA microspheres stimulate collagen production, which further enhances the skin’s volume and elasticity.
Ideal candidates for this treatment are those experiencing:
- Moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Loss of volume in areas like the cheeks or jawline.
- Nasolabial folds, commonly known as “smile lines.”
- Hand rejuvenation to reduce the appearance of tendons and veins.
If you’re unsure whether Radiesse is the right treatment for you, our expert team at Cupertino Medical Laser Center is here to provide a personalized consultation.
- Initial Consultation: Before undergoing the treatment, every patient meets with a practitioner for an initial consultation. This discussion helps to assess the patient’s aesthetic concerns, determine if Radiesse is right for them, estimate the volume needed, and answer any questions or concerns.
- Treatment Planning: Based on the consultation, the practitioner identifies the specific areas that need to be treated.
- Skin Preparation: The targeted treatment area is cleaned thoroughly to avoid any contamination. A topical numbing agent or local anesthesia may be applied to numb the area, ensuring the patient’s comfort throughout the procedure.
- Radiesse Injection: Using a fine, pre-filled syringe, the practitioner injects the Radiesse dermal filler beneath the skin’s surface. As the filler is injected, patients can immediately see the volumizing effect. This provides an immediate lift and correction of the targeted areas.
- Massage (for certain areas): In some areas, especially when treating the hands, the practitioner might gently massage the treated area to ensure the filler is evenly distributed.
- Instant Results with Progressive Benefits: While the initial gel provides immediate volume and correction, the true magic of Radiesse lies in its ability to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production. As the gel gets absorbed over time, the body metabolizes the microspheres. This process stimulates the skin to produce its own natural collagen, further enhancing the skin’s volume and elasticity.
- Follow-Up: A follow-up appointment will be scheduled a few weeks after the initial treatment. This is to assess the results, see how the filler has settled, and determine if any touch-ups are necessary.
Benefits of Radiesse Volumizing Treatment
- Immediate Results: Experience a noticeable lift and fullness immediately after the treatment.
- Stimulates Collagen Production: Encourages the body’s natural processes, leading to prolonged results.
- Minimally Invasive: No surgery or extensive downtime is required.
- Natural Appearance: Say goodbye to an ‘over-done’ look. Radiesse ensures results are subtle yet effective.
- Long-Lasting: Enjoy results that last a year or even longer in many patients.
Radiesse Volumizing FAQs
- How many treatments are required?
Your doctor will decide with you the number of treatment sessions and the amount of Radiesse you will need at each treatment session. Generally, significant augmentation or restoration may be achieved in a first treatment. A touch-up may be required to achieve optimal results, and periodic future touch-up treatments may be needed to maintain the augmentation or restoration.
- How often are treatments given?
Your doctor will decide how often treatments are given based upon your needs and desires and the areas and volume of treatment required.
- How long do treatment effects last?
Treatment effects will differ for each person. In a clinical study, the treatment lasted for 1 year after the first treatment session in all patients.
- Do injections of Radiesse®hurt?
As with any injection, injections with Radiesse may hurt. Radiesse is injected in small amounts using a very fine needle. Your doctor may apply a topical or local anesthetic.
- What can I expect to happen at a treatment session?
Your doctor will answer all of your questions and prepare you for the treatment.
- The area where the injections will be given will be cleaned with an antiseptic.
- You and your doctor will determine if a topical or local anesthetic is needed.
- Radiesse will be injected in small amounts into the skin using a very fine needle.
- An ice pack may be applied to the treatment area before or after treatment to help reduce swelling.
- What are the possible side effects of treatment with Radiesse?
Talk to your doctor about the possible side effects of Radiesse. The most common side effects are redness, bruising, or swelling. These side effects generally last for a short time and are mild in nature. As with all procedures that involve an injection through the skin, there is a risk of infection. However, no infections have been reported in the clinical study of Radiesse. Report any side effects you may experience to your doctor.
- Should I tell my healthcare provider what medications I am taking?
Yes. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, even over the counter medicines or treatments. If you are taking blood th inners or medications that may interfere with clotting of the blood, such as aspirin, you might be more likely to have bruising or bleeding at the injection site. There have been no studies of possible interactions between Radiesse and drugs or other substances or implants. Talk to your doctor about your medical history when deciding on treatment options.
- What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately following a treatment session with Radiesse redness, bruising or swelling may occur in the treatment area. These signs usually go away in a short period and are generally mild in nature. An ice pack may be applied to the treatment area to help reduce swelling. Your health care provider will give you specific post-treatment care instructions. For approximately 24 hours after treatment:
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area.
- Do not apply makeup.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat exposure
After you leave the office, you may experience redness, bruising or swelling for a few days. Not all patients experience these, but please note that such effects can occur and are not out of the ordinary for such a treatment. You may be able to feel the area where Radiesse was injected for some period after injection. Over time, the injected area will feel more and more like your own tissue.
- How quickly can I get back to my daily activities?
Most patients feel comfortable going back to their normal activities immediately after treatment with Radiesse.
To learn more about Radiesse Volumizing in Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Mountain View, Santa Clara, San Jose, Fremont, Saratoga or any nearby area, contact our office at (408) 996-3376 to schedule a free consultation.